CORTOISIE - L'ÉLÉGANCE A LA FRANÇAISE
EXHALATION, the first Opus by the Courtoisie brand, evokes the emanation of a palette of aromas that are elegantly expressed in an organoleptic symphony.
The name of this decidedly French brand is a noun, a derivative of the adjective Courtois created in the 12th century.
In Old French, it refers first to "nobility" and its art of living, then to "moral elegance". This practical elegance is reflected in the measure, balance and weight.
It is, therefore, based on these subtle values that we worked to build our range of Single Malt whiskey from France.
It is from 2016 that the history of our Whiskey Cortoisie begins...
Distilled in France on Lorraine, Cortoisie stands out with a peat index of 35 PPM*.
The peat used comes from northern Germany (the exploitation of peat bogs is prohibited in France).
The malted barley is then distilled in a Charentais-type still.
During the first distillation, an alcohol at 28-30 ° is obtained, then during the second, an alcohol at 69 ° passes (heating core). The reduction of cognac to bring Cortoisie Whiskey to its commercialization grade (43°), is done over at least 3 years, so that the whiskey and water molecules come together and recreate a chain between them. molecular.
The eaux-de-vie is aged in our cellars in Burgundy for whiskeys over 5 years old and in Charente for younger ones.
We use 400 liter drums.
Our fleet of barrels is 80% French oak, 1/3 of which are new barrels. For the rest, 20% new American oak barrels.
EXHALATION, the first Opus by the Cortoisie brand, evokes the emanation of a palette of aromas that are elegantly expressed in an organoleptic symphony.
Exhalation cuvée is expressed by a fat and elegant alcohol obtained by aging in French oak barrels, with American oak showing more fruity aromas.
The peat index of 35 PPM* makes it a rarity in the production of peaty French whiskeys.
Cortoisie, embodies French elegance.
* Particles per million
Country: France - Lorraine