ALTO DO JOA is an altitude red wine, typically reserved, authentic and unique, respecting its Terroir, offering a complex aroma and an attractive bouquet.
The flavor that reveals itself is dry, smooth, fresh and persistent, with a very present acidity, positioning it as a guard wine with excellent evolution in the bottle, as well as a gastronomic wine, very well accompanied by sausages, sardines, goat and others. spicy meals.
It is an original wine giving a tasting experience that is very different from the normal wines on the market.
A Vinho do Joa is not only made from centenary vineyards with more than twenty different varieties. It's the harsh winters and the relentless sun of the Alto Transmontano that, without giving the land a truce, force it to release the best they have to offer our grapes from the shale.
From the grapes to the only wine produced in this region, there is a gap between tradition and innovation. Between the knowledge of generations and the best oenological practices of the latest generation.
Between the future and the memory preserved in the people of Aldeia de Parada: heart, cradle and soul of Casa do Joa.
This is why a JOA wine is much more than a wine. It is a living memory of this land and a genuine declaration of our Love on High.
- Centenary free-standing vineyards at an altitude of 800m on schist soil and large temperature ranges in the maturation phase
- Selection of around 20 different grape varieties
- Gentle grape crushing process
- Pre-maceration and skin maceration
- Spontaneous fermentation using indigenous yeasts
- Fermentation in 1000 liter vats with foot treading
- Aging for 28 months in used French oak barrels
It should be consumed between 14ºC and 16ºC
Grapes: Bastardo, Mourisco Tinto, Cornifesto, Tinta Bairrada, Tinta Amarela, Alvarelhão, Malvasia Preta, Jaen, unidentified
Side dish: Charcuterie, sardines, lamb and other spicy meals