July 2014, Amaro di ANGOSTURA® , a herbal liqueur from the House of Angostura was launched at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans.
July 2015, Amaro di Angostura is given the accolade of Best New Product at the Spirited Awards at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans.
- Amaro di Angostura® is derived from the bespoke process used in creating the House of Angostura’s iconic aromatic bitters.
- Produced by The House of Angostura® blenders who have more than 70 years of blending expertise between them.
- The House of Angostura blenders combined Angostura® aromatic bitters with a neutral spirit and added more spices until a magnificent herbal liqueur was created.
- The spirit, spices and bitter herbs were mixed and then left to marry for 3 months.
The result — Amaro di Angostura® — an elevation of a classic liqueur to an entirely new world dimension to the category.
Amaro di Angostura® can be enjoyed over ice, is splendid on its own and offers delicious harmony in a cocktail.
COLOR: Deep polished amber with bronze highlights.
NOSE: First aromas are an aromatic spiced bouquet with caramel. As we get closer to the spirits, there are distinct notes of cinnamon,liquorice and citrus followed by strong chocolate with hints of toasted sugar.
PALATE: Enters the palate with cinnamon,toasted caramel flavours. As the liquid fills themouth with pleasant bitter and liquorice notes,the finish fades into lasting flavours of chocolate and sweet herbs.
• 1.5 oz Amaro Di ANGOSTURA®
• .75 oz ANGOSTURA® aromatic bitters
• 1 oz Simple Syrup
• 1 oz Lime Juice
Garnish - Lime Twist
Glassware - Coupe
Method: Add all ingredients into mixing tin, add ice, shake and double-strain into pre-chilled coupe glass